I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some answers/information for a post I’m writing. It’s going to be called “MGTOW: From The Men Who Know Best” (edit: I’ve since changed this) and it covers the differences between what the media currently presents MGTOW as VS what it actually is.
Note that this is a safe-space blog, and derogatory slang towards either sex or gender will be edited/not allowed in any comments. Also, I am only collecting data about this till 7/24/2014 for another post, but every reader is still free to comment after this point.
The questions I have are;
1. What does MGTOW mean to you?
2. What’s your reaction to the way MGTOW is spoken of/presented in the media?
3. Do you think MGTOW is necessarily a part of the “marriage strike” or is it separate but overlapping?
4. Would you ever *not* be MGTOW or are you happiest being single anyway? Edit: Since MGTOWs can be married this sounds like a leading question, which I didn’t take into account when making the initial survey. Please either disregard, or only answer if you’re currently unmarried/separated/divorced. Thanks.
5. Are you divorced, never married, widowed, or married?
6. Most would say that if you’re married, you can’t truly be MGTOW. Thoughts?
7. How old are you?
8. Do you have a steady LTR, Friend with Benefits arrangement, engage in casual hookups, or avoid women altogether?
9. What is your level of education?
10. What ethnicity are you?
11. There are numerous claims that misogyny runs rampant through the MGTOW movement. How would you respond to this claim?
12. What (if any) religion do you currently follow?
13. Thoughts on NAWALT vs AWALT, given that many MGTOW have daughters/other female relatives that are decent people and have been raised well.
14. What are the 3 biggest aspects of society that would have to change to make you consider not being MGTOW? If there aren’t any, why not?
15. What do you think of the concept of WGTOW?
16. Some women are truly happiest being single, and aren’t interested in marriage or traditional dating. What do you think of these single-at-heart women, if anything?
17. Chivalry and other double standards: Even being MGTOW, how often do they impact you in daily life?
18. Any other information you’d like to impart.
As you can tell, some of these questions are just for statistical purposes (age, ethnicity, etc) and others are more for information gathering. As the past 2 months have seen a significant increase in the amount of people who reach my blog by searching for MGTOW-related terms and phrases, I want to give out more accurate information than what they may be finding from the mass media, and give a voice to MGTOW that doesn’t have any angle to it.
Note that when writing the actual post, I will only include usernames if specifically asked to.
If there’s any questions about this survey, please ask! I can be reached in the comments or through my Contact Me page for more private questions. I’m also cool with receiving responses via email instead of here in the comments. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond to my survey, whether in whole or in part.
Women and non-MGTOW men can certainly comment as well, or suggest questions/clarifications I might have missed. Please remember my Comments Policy though, and know that any hateful or bigoted remarks toward MGTOWs (or anyone, really) will not be allowed through.
If you wish to pass this survey along, I’m fine with linkage.